Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

I do not want to use this site as a support!

I would just like to know if people have the same problem as me.

I have 3 VPS with ZxHost, and since a week I had a lot of interupption.

Now for 24 hours, I have no VPS that work.

I wonder, because I opened a ticket and I have no answer.

I have been using ZxHost for years without any problem,

Thank you for your help

Comments

• My storage special is running just fine.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 16

my storage is down since yesturday, can be more lets tag @AshleyUk

Thanked by 1comeback
  • there has been a restart of two hostnodes yesterday as far as I have seen. from the client panel you could try and open the vnc console of your VM to see if it got stuck on rebooting (so was one of mine). sadly after issuing a reboot it did not shutdown properly. I then stopped the VM but wasn't able to bring it up again...

as I don't have any mission critical on it I went to sleep and haven't look at it by now. going to check and report back, also will open a ticket about it.

Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

Thanked by 1ehab
  • etilicoetilico Member
    edited November 16

Same problem here, ticket opened yesterday without response. In the CP I can't do anything, there's an error: Configuration file 'nodes/cn04/qemu-server/xxx.conf' does not exist

• Not just me then :) @ashleyuk has been superb in the past and was helping me with an issue last week, so I am sure he is on it. My storage VPS keeps going to 100% CPU and stopping it from the control panel doesn't work as I can't bring it back up. I was worried it was something I was doing on my VPS, but nothing in the logs / top suggest it is.

• They have updated the Server Status Page a couple of hours ago:

Hello,

We are currrntly facing a storage issue on our cluster effecting some clients.

We are currently working on bringing this back online as soon as possible.

Update

We have two storage node's which we are just working on bringing back online.

Once completed all VM's will then be given a clean reboot.

Update

All VM's are now booting, if you have any issues please use NoVNC in the billing area to check if your OS requires any user input.

An update email will be sent out shortly.

Update

We are currently being hit by the following bug : http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21142

This is stopping us being able to bring online all the required OSD's (HardDisks)

Update

We are still working on bringing up the final OSD's.

Date - 15/11/2017 17:13 Last Updated - 16/11/2017 09:38

Thanked by 2ehab Falzo
  • @etilico said:

thx! should have had a look earlier onto that... just before you posted I also opened a ticket, but glad to see they're on it. most part of the solution probably is simply waiting for resilvering or whatever.

also mentioned this thread, so I am sure Ashley will give an update, once he gets thing in line.

Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • dfroedfroe Member
    edited November 16

Same here. :(

One month ago Ashley migrated my storage VPS to their "new infrastructure". Since then my VPS is unusable. Disk throughput is only 1-2 MB/s all the time with kernel I/O errors every hour. Something seems terribly messed up there. I asked Ashley several times to get my VPS moved back to the old infrastructure, but without response yet.

If you are still on the old infrastructure, do not touch anything and enjoy your great VPS. I have been absolutely happy all the years. But now after the migration I feel fooled. Even more because of the really unsatisfactory communication (no replies to tickets).

So, let's sit and wait and hope that he's gonne fix it and that the "new infrastructure" will run as great as the old one.

• My storage one reboots randomly (may have been the whole node) last time was 8 days ago

• Email update:

Hello *******,

As an update to our earlier outage email.

Overnight we had a failed HD in our CEPH Cluster, as part of a standard procedure this was replaced and a rebuild was started.

However we was effected by two CEPH Bug's in the current MainStream release, these bug's cause a selection of OSD's to continuously reboot, causing the storage to flap / become inaccessible.

We have been working to resolve this issue, to protect data integrity we have had to disable all VM instances while we work to recover and resolve the backend storage.

Updates will be sent via email or you can view the Network Outage ticket in our client area.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Thanks, ZXHost

• good to see an email however it would have been better when the first outage was reported. At least their not deadpooled

• MikyMiky Member

@etilico said: Email update:

Hello *******,

As an update to our earlier outage email.

Did you receive an "earlier" email? Cuz I just got that one trying while try to log on ZXHost website!

Have been really happy so far with their service.... Hope it won't last

• No, this is the only email i've received...

• mine is down too, hope they solve soon the problems.

• I didn't get an "earlier" email either?

• @lurch said: I didn't get an "earlier" email either?

Yeah, me neither. Might be just a status update in their panel though.

Hope it gets back on track. Good luck @AshleyUK

meow?

• I didn't get an earlier email either. Hope @ashleyuk manages to get the platform back. He's my favourite storage VPS provider :)

• almost 3 hours now

• It's almost 24h of total downtime for my VPS :(

• earlier this year we already learned that big storage arrays might not be easy to handle in case of an incident, so all that's left is to be patient anyway.
    also we all only want dirt-cheap storage, so luckily for all of us, nobody is running any mission critical production stuff on those cheap boxes. ;-)

I guess Ashley made the right decision by stopping all VMs to not have them interfere which hopefully will speed up the rebuilding process.

btw: the non-storage range of zxhost is up and running, so not touched by this...

• Wow, @etilico, you can some patience. I would have expected an average LET user to vent on the forum and pee everywhere on the wall

LET-Lives-Matter | I am a sarcastic troll and has a fetish in PMS. For kids, PMS means "Premenstrual syndrome" and guys can have PMS.

• @deank said: Wow, @etilico, you can some patience. I would have expected an average LET user to vent on the forum and pee everywhere on the wall

I don't have any mission critical stuff on it as @Falzo says, I'm just a bit disappointed about the lack of informations on what's going on (no ticket response, no real time updates...)

I'm just curious about what they will refund for not respecting SLA as stated in they T&C (if they will refund something):

ZXHost provides a 100% Network & Infrastructure SLA, if during any month your service is offline or affected by an unscheduled hardware or network failure for more than 0.01% of the time during this month (4 Minutes) you can request a pro-rota refund for the duration your service was effected. This excludes any client specific downtime caused by DDOS or client side configuration.

• etilico said: ZXHost provides a 100% Network & Infrastructure SLA, if during any month your service is offline or affected by an unscheduled hardware or network failure for more than 0.01% of the time during this month (4 Minutes) you can request a pro-rota refund for the duration your service was effected.

fair enough! I paid ~90€ for three years. guess that makes me eligible for around 0.08 € refund per day of downtime. now three services are down, if we make it down till tomorrow I might get a whopping 0.20-0.30 € back - guess I need to invest that right away on BF... oh. wait. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thanked by 1rahoolm
  • im running critical production stuff on zxhost, and yes i have learned the lesson, now can someone please recommend another similar provider with good storage? obviously not as cheap like zx, but something with good price/quality relation? i need 2 cores, 3-4 gb ram, and 250+GB scalable, 1TB if not scalable.

thanks in advance guys.

• Strange no one got the "earlier email" maybe there wasn't one?

• Only a noob host would claim 100% SLA.

LET-Lives-Matter | I am a sarcastic troll and has a fetish in PMS. For kids, PMS means "Premenstrual syndrome" and guys can have PMS.

• etilicoetilico Member
    edited November 16

@Falzo said: fair enough! I paid ~90€ for three years. guess that makes me eligible for around 0.08 € refund per day of downtime. now three services are down, if we make it down till tomorrow I might get a whopping 0.20-0.30 € back - guess I need to invest that right away on BF... oh. wait. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Ops! Probably I've misunderstood how SLA refunds work :)

• @deank said: Only a noob host would claim 100% SLA.

I think given the refund regulations bound to exact that 100% SLA what could go wrong? :-D

• You are a user, so nothing wrong with that. It's the host that's noob.

• magicvpnmagicvpn Member
    edited November 16

@deank said: You are a user, so nothing wrong with that. It's the host that's noob. @deank said: Only a noob host would claim 100% SLA.

This doesn't mean the service has a 100% uptime (which is not possible), you will get refunded for the downtime.

• dfroedfroe Member
    edited November 16

Hold on folks, we're moving on...

Update 4:44PM GMT

We are now booting VM's please be paiteance (sic) as it may take time for your VM to be booted by our system. You may check the VM via NoVNC if the VM is showing as running.

Mine is still reporting "Configuration file does not exist" in WHMCS but this update sounds promising.

Would be a great suprise if - whatever Ashley did - could also solve the severe performance problems I am encountering since the migration to the new infrastructure. We'll see.

Edit: Meh, still time to wait. As mentioned in the update mail which just came in, there seems to be a severe bug in CEPH preventing the storage from remaining stable. However, at least it was confirmed that our data is safe. For those of us who use this service to incrementally backup their personal data from a private dsl line with limited upload, this will safe us a lot of time. So, keeping fingers crossed, and let's hope they'll be able to fix this bug soon. Would be great if this doesn't mean to wait for several weeks of fsck'ing in the near future. :)

• @magicvpn said:

@deank said: You are a user, so nothing wrong with that. It's the host that's noob. @deank said: Only a noob host would claim 100% SLA.

This doesn't mean the service has a 100% uptime (which is not possible), you will get refunded for the downtime.

this. there is nowhere said that the host claims 100% uptime. he provides an SLA which he calls "100% blabla SLA" because he refunds (on request) even if smallest downtimes (4 minutes a day) occur.

I'd say given the pricing range that's pretty clever wording to say: 'here are your 2 cents!' ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • We have been making progress and only have a small subset of OSD's still being affected by the two Bug's in CEPH 12.2.x, we attempted to start some VM's however lost too many OSD's again.

To make sure that all data is kept consident and safe we have been advised to continue to remove all Client I/O from the storage system while it rebuilds & recovers.

We want to get your VM back online as soon as possible however wish to minimise and reduce any chance of data corruption due to client I/O (Read & Writes) during this point.

A further email will be sent out once we have been confirmed we are able to go ahead with the start of the VM's.

I can confirm your data is safe and held on the OSD's, however due to the 2 bug's within the CEPH Subsystem we are unable to keep these OSD's online to proccess the I/O requests to these PG's (Files / Objects)

By nature CEPH is built to be redundant, however it seem's due to a lack of QA on a recent release this has caused us to loose the redundant protection due to a software wide bug.

After this issue is resolved we will be sending out a further update with the future direction of your services.

• Further update: we are dead in the pool lol, but your data is safe lol²

Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". Happy customer of HostHatch, Online, Porkbun, Veesp…

• Think that's a bit unfair @shot2. He's communicating which is more than most deadpoolers

• cb7cb7 Member

A lot of that went over my head, but I'm seeing that our data should be intact still? In theory, at least. I'm happy for the fix to take however long is necessary as long as everything's how it was at the end of it.

• To me, claiming 100% SLA involves a lot of needless paperwork. If a host is small enough, I might bother. But if it's big, nah.

• cezcez Member

No email until this afternoon but VPS is still up. Storage seems to be struggling though and current system load is ~250

Also I'm a bit disappointed with the move to the new infrastructure. Wasn't informed that it would no longer be KVM and moved to France. Control panel is not working but got access to Proxmox GUI to get some information about the server. Disk speed has been a bit up and down too.

But hey for the price it isn't too bad and I'm only using it as a secondary backup.

• @michaels said: Think that's a bit unfair @shot2. He's communicating which is more than most deadpoolers

Yup, missa was just being silly :P

No critical data stored, very low price, regular updates when down, nothin' to complain about.

Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". Happy customer of HostHatch, Online, Porkbun, Veesp…

• cez said: Wasn't informed that it would no longer be KVM and moved to France.

wat? don't take too much from the pink ones...

• Anyone got his server back online already?

We are now booting VM's please be paiteance as it may take time for your VM to be booted by our system. You may check the VM via NoVNC if the VM is showing as running.

But nothing happened so far.

• nope mine still down

• @chrisp said: Anyone got his server back online already?

We are now booting VM's please be paiteance as it may take time for your VM to be booted by our system. You may check the VM via NoVNC if the VM is showing as running.

But nothing happened so far.

If you read all the updates correctly they then mention after said update that there has been an issue with a drive and a ceph bug

• The time details in their updates suggests the most recent entry is on the bottom. Well, however, I hope they fix it soon.

• FrankZFrankZ Member
    edited November 16

cez said: Also I'm a bit disappointed with the move to the new infrastructure. Wasn't informed that it would no longer be KVM and moved to France. Control panel is not working but got access to Proxmox GUI to get some information about the server. Disk speed has been a bit up and down too.

+1

Anyone tell me why it seems that I get error messages in my logs that don't have to do with my container?
    I don't run Plex.

1 Time(s): [2220894.332897] Memory cgroup out of memory: Kill process 27203 (Plex Script Hos) score 46 or sacrifice child 1 Time(s): [2220894.333751] Killed process 27203 (Plex Script Hos) total-vm:4908556kB, anon-rss:240420kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB

• @lurch said: nope mine still down

still down too. im getting fired.

• @emptyPD said:

@lurch said: nope mine still down

deploy an hourly instance somewhere and put your backups in to have something running instead of waiting. you might want to switch back, once it's on again...

• @FrankZ said:

what product do you have with zxhost that is affected and where you're currently looking at it?

and what's the fuss about not kvm and france?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Falzo said:

@emptyPD said:

@lurch said: nope mine still down

deploy an hourly instance somewhere and put your backups in to have something running instead of waiting. you might want to switch back, once it's on again...

the backup server is in zxhost too. last week the instances were in different DCs, but they moved the production server to the same DC (Proxmox) this days, and i didnt fire a backup in another place...

so .. yes... im f.... right now.

• FrankZFrankZ Member
    edited November 16

Falzo said: what product do you have with zxhost that is affected and where you're currently looking at it? and what's the fuss about not kvm and france?

I was in Germany on 120 GB KVM LET storage special (15.99 pounds a year) for the past year and a half. About a month ago it was migrated to an LXC container in France with double memory.
    Log entries come from the /var/log/messages file on my container.(CentOS)

EDIT: The server was really good up until the move