Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)

FalzoFalzo Member
edited December 5 in General

anyone missed the netcup BF sale RS 1000 plus offer (the one 10a.m.)?

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1967

6 dedicated cores, 8GB RAM, only 60GB SSD though...

they do have it today in their advent calendar again... can't tell if limited and if so, how many units will be available. it's said they are going to eventually release stock spread over the whole day.

PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

«13

Comments

  • 6ixth6ixth Member

    When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 5

    I wish it didn't cost #25 to transfer NetCup, because my VPS500 is all but worthless to me now.

    @6ixth said: When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

    Uhh... what? Pretty sure that means concurrent threads. Keep in mind that RS (RootServers) are completely different than their VPS line, which are superficially limited, and with a standard shithouse QEMU vCPU.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @6ixth said: When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

    dude that doesn't make sense... afaik their 'cores' are more likely 'threads' yet you can use them 24/7 ...

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

  • Falzo said: PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

    not recurring.......... :<

    dying.

  • @6ixth said: When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

    Where did they say 8 dedicated cores?

  • imokimok Member

    Why we don't have such things in USA? Why?

    Janitor @ Netflix

  • WSSWSS Member

    @imok said: Why we don't have such things in USA? Why?

    We do, but they split it across 32 separate VPS at HVH.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 5

    @jezznar said:

    Falzo said: PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

    not recurring.......... :<

    what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

    they sometimes have some kind of first three months free and pay after or alike but that's clearly stated. and of course that one is 8.99€ per month recurring.

    PS: just to clarify, I still have an RS from last years advent calendar at 3,49 recurring going strong ;-)

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

  • Falzo said: what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

    they sometimes have some kind of first three months free and pay after or alike but that's clearly stated. and of course that one is 8.99€ per month recurring.

    AHH CRAP! I think I wasn't able to understand it clearly OMFG. There goes my wallet

    dying.

  • ehabehab Member

    i had one last summer of a 2 dedicated core some 400GB or more SAS, i asked them to enable some cpu flag to allow nested virtualiztion but they asked for 20 or 25€ i was disappointed and let it go, otherwise no complaints.

    Thanked by 1bersy
  • @jezznar said: not recurring.......... :<

    It is recurring. I have the RS1000 from last year's advent and the price is the same.

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @jezznar said:

    Falzo said: what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

    they sometimes have some kind of first three months free and pay after or alike but that's clearly stated. and of course that one is 8.99€ per month recurring.

    AHH CRAP! I think I wasn't able to understand it clearly OMFG. There goes my wallet

    haha, yeah probably their use of contract term lengths may be misunderstandable if not used to german habits ;-)

    ehab said: i asked them to enable some cpu flag to allow nested virtualiztion but they asked for 20 or 25€ i was disappointed and let it go

    that's pretty much how my first encounter with netcup went... couldn't resist their 640GB RS1000 offer last year though ^^

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

    Thanked by 1jezznar
  • WSSWSS Member

    @saibal Jesus how many VPS do you have!? (Need more? Want those 7 1G/10G VirMachs? $50 for the lot!)

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @Arirang said: What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

    Those would be the primary two.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

    Thanked by 1Arirang
  • YuraYura Member

    @Arirang said: What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

    Binary

  • Falzo said: haha, yeah probably their use of contract term lengths may be misunderstandable if not used to german habits ;-)

    ehrensalve!!!!!!!!!!!!! *googled it and idk if it means anything XD

    dying.

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    jezznar said: ehrensalve

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

    Thanked by 2pike Ympker
  • mfsmfs Member

    I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

    #VAT #€€€ #adventskalender #shoeminers #dramastic #neutrality-spinning-gif

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @mfs said: I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

    nah - it's just 26.97 for the first three months. then forget to cancel early, and spend another 26.97 after for another 3 months... but after all worth it ;-)

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

  • Falzo said: but after all worth it

    you're welcome.

    dying.

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

    @mfs said: I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

    nah - it's just 26.97 for the first three months. then forget to cancel early, and spend another 26.97 after for another 3 months... but after all worth it ;-)

    Ordered it. But why would I need to be verified again ?

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSSWSS Member

    @yokowasis said: Ordered it. But why would I need to be verified again ?

    Your lack of self-confidence.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

    Thanked by 1uptime
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited December 6

    Maybe I should order a few of those things. Just in case

    Just want to clarify. This thing is better than KS3C right ? If that's the case I will replace my KS3C with this thing

  • WSSWSS Member

    Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • @WSS said: Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

    What is to learn ?

  • WSSWSS Member

    @yokowasis said:

    @WSS said: Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

    What is to learn ?

    Eat less leaded paint.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

    Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • Okay this is so fucked up. I decide to reorder. Now I got my server activated 2 of them.

    WARNING. If you want to order 1 server, DO NOT ORDER 2

    Now, I am confused. I didn't get any invoice. I didn't pay anything. My server got activated.

    @Falzo, is that how they works ?

  • WSSWSS Member

    Again, less leaded paint.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • @WSS said: Again, less leaded paint.

    So, what should I do ? should I proceed setting up my "free" server ?

    or should I wait for them ?

    or I don't know, eating more paints ?

  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 6

    EAT LESS PAINT. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE HERE.

    Also, you signed up for two. You'll be charged the minimum agreement even if you cancel now. Welcome to contracts!

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • @WSS said: EAT LESS PAINT. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE HERE.

    Also, you signed up for two. You'll be charged the minimum agreement even if you cancel now. Welcome to contacts!

    Yeah, I know the consequence. But the problem is, they haven't charged me. Yet. I have yet to see any invoice generated.

    They setup the server, send me the login details, but no invoice yet.

  • @Falzo said:

    @mfs said: I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

    nah - it's just 26.97 for the first three months. then forget to cancel early, and spend another 26.97 after for another 3 months... but after all worth it ;-)

    If I cancel early, does my server get terminated instantly or get terminated at the end of the contract ?

  • WSSWSS Member

    You have the full term of whatever your contract stated.

    I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

  • you might enjoy benefit of German right-to-cancel policy (for consumers if not business). Could say that's what you're paying the VAT for ... (j/k)

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @yokowasis said: They setup the server, send me the login details, but no invoice yet.

    Don't worry - they will soon send the invoice (and typically they give you like 2 weeks from the activation of the server to actually pay for it based on the invoice date and the pay by date on the invoice).

    @Falzo - is this typical "German" law type of stuff?

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • pikepike Member
    edited December 6

    @nullnothere said: @Falzo - is this typical "German" law type of stuff?

    Yeah we love to dress up in silly uniforms. Every region has it's own traditions but basically it's all the same and ends up in a big Saufgelage.

    more video

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited December 6

    Thanks, I clicked on buy buy buy and then clicked on pay pay pay and after several transactions, my bank called me to see if my card was hacked :-). Answered some confirmation questions and then continued ordering :-)

    This is a really sweet deal to be able to resist.

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • SeniorSenior Member
    edited December 6

    Es tut uns leid! Da die Stückzahl von Adv17 RS 1000 Plus begrenzt ist, können Sie nur alle 300 Sekunden eines davon zum Warenkorb hinzufügen. Bitte warten Sie mir Ihrer nächsten Bestellung.

  • @Senior said: Es tut uns leid! Da die Stückzahl von Adv17 RS 1000 Plus begrenzt ist, können Sie nur alle 300 Sekunden eines davon zum Warenkorb hinzufügen. Bitte warten Sie mir Ihrer nächsten Bestellung.

    Yep, wait after 5 minutes, and hope that it will not be out of stock :-)

  • pikepike Member

    @nhocconan said: Yep, wait after 5 minutes, and hope that it will not be out of stock :-)

    That's so sick, they should limit it to one per user.

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

    yokowasis said: They setup the server, send me the login details, but no invoice yet.

    they usually send the invoice a few hours or days later to be paid within 14 days.

    yokowasis said: If I cancel early, does my server get terminated instantly or get terminated at the end of the contract ?

    within their control panel it should display a date for when the cancellation is possible...

    for what it's worth you got into a contract with them, so it should terminate to the end of that contract term ;-)

    yet there is our german 14 day Widerrufsrecht, as already mentioned

    uptime said: you might enjoy benefit of German right-to-cancel policy (for consumers if not business).

    which might be valid here. you could just contact them about, admitting a mistake at order time and ask them to cancel one of the orders ;-)

    nullnothere said: @Falzo - is this typical "German" law type of stuff?

    not neccessarily, providers could also ask prepayment. but most of the bigger businesses don't do that because they give some kind trust upfront. german laws may have them covered in case of abuse (at least for national customers that is)

    maybe that changes at some point if they run into too much abuse from international customers which they cannot get ahold of.

    @pike said:

    @nhocconan said: Yep, wait after 5 minutes, and hope that it will not be out of stock :-)

    That's so sick, they should limit it to one per user.

    they stated before that they may release more stock during the day, because they were afraid before, that some offers run out quickly. 12:00 or 13:00 german time should be a good time to check again (or every full hour maybe?)
    I think they do change things manually, at midnight it took about 5 minutes before the calendar changed to 6th and the offer appeared...

    good luck everyone!

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

  • BBTNBBTN Member

    Does anybody know if it’s hard to migrate from one “root” VPS to another with them?

    namesilo domain coupon code for $1 discount: opportunity
    5€ off your first netcup order: 36nc15079134193 | 36nc15079134194 | 36nc15079134195

  • @BBTN said: Does anybody know if it’s hard to migrate from one “root” VPS to another with them?

    From what I understand, you have to honor the contract (unless of course the VPS is deficient in some way in which case maybe you can cancel though I suspect they will immediately fix it). So once you sign up for whatever (3 months or a year), you cannot "escape" and are bound to pay for whatever duration you've signed up for.

    I think you can upgrade but they'll charge something like a € 20 fee for the possible upgrades (and again I have no idea what kind of upgrades are possible).

    tl;dr - don't sign up expecting to change anything about what you signed up for.

  • BBTNBBTN Member
    edited December 6

    @nullnothere

    Thanks, but I was approaching the technical side. Migrating my system to a new one e.g. using their internal snapshots.

    namesilo domain coupon code for $1 discount: opportunity
    5€ off your first netcup order: 36nc15079134193 | 36nc15079134194 | 36nc15079134195

  • @BBTN said: Thanks, but I was approaching the technical side. Migrating my system to a new one e.g. using their internal snapshots.

    Sorry - my misunderstanding.

    I think you need to pay to download the snapshot (or something like that)?

    Why not just use rsync from old to new? Just keep the interfaces and fstab files as is and then run grub-install/update-grub to make sure your new one is uptodate and you should be good to go.

  • angstromangstrom Member
    edited December 6

    The offer doesn't say at most one per customer, but if you order two at once, it may not work, because of their attempt separate every order by a certain amount of time.

    Edit: So if you want to order two, it would be better to place two separate orders, waiting some minutes between the two.

    "[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

  • WHTWHT Member

    Anyone got a testing ip?

    Misterhost.NET (aff) Master Reseller Hosting at $3.95
    TightHost.com (aff) Reseller Hosting at €2.45

  • This come with the usual nightly visit from @Falzo?

    Dont'TalkAboutLETClub There is this thing called hoopla.

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @WHT said: Anyone got a testing ip?

    https://lg.netcup.net/

    ;-)

    Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155663 - 36nc15125155666
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

    Thanked by 1WHT
Sign In or Register to comment.