Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Website and cPanel/WHM Not Opening But I can Access SSH

Website and cPanel/WHM Not Opening But I can Access SSH

Hello there, I am facing strange problem on my contabo vps. All the Websites hosted on vps + cPanel/WHM Not Opening but I can access vps via SSH root login. Please help me to resolve this problem mates. I am not an server admin and don't have deep knowledge about servers. So, looking for your help. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Apache probably isn't running.

I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

• YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

Did you configure cpanel correctly?

/Signature/ https://uptime.is

• @WSS said: Apache probably isn't running. I seen there are 108 apache services running

netstat -an | grep :80|wc -l 108

• @Ympker said: Did you configure cpanel correctly? Frankly I just tried and facing this issue.

• WSSWSS Member

What're your iptables rules?

I miss CheapBytes. Now I have to waste about $1 and a few minutes on my own burn.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited December 6

@someshzade said:

@WSS said: Apache probably isn't running.

I seen there are 108 apache services running

I am totally ignorant to apache these days but maybe the setup can't handle more than the 108 connections you see there?

• WSSWSS Member

@someshzade said:

@WSS said: What're your iptables rules? https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sdUkC6yCsNoZzKAVisjSENyKb16Gu18Cx2OOu5EROI/edit?usp=sharing

Well that sure is a fucking mess. I've just eyeballed it, but the ALLOWIN and blocking may or may not be doing things to the ruleset. I'd honestly turn this off temporarily and see if things magically work, because that's a whole lot of redundancy if nothing else.

• @mksh said:

@someshzade said:

@WSS said: Apache probably isn't running.

I seen there are 108 apache services running

I am totally ignorant to apache these days but maybe the setup can't handle more than the 108 connections you see there?

It is increasing & decreasing from 100-250 processes simultaneously.

• App based attack?

Be the spark that ignites the dumpster fire of the world.

• @doughmanes said: App based attack? How can we trace that?

• mkshmksh Member

@WSS said:

@someshzade said:

@WSS said: What're your iptables rules? https://docs.google.com/document/d/10sdUkC6yCsNoZzKAVisjSENyKb16Gu18Cx2OOu5EROI/edit?usp=sharing

Well that sure is a fucking mess. I've just eyeballed it, but the ALLOWIN and blocking may or may not be doing things to the ruleset. I'd honestly turn this off temporarily and see if things magically work, because that's a whole lot of redundancy if nothing else.

No shit. Seriously. OP's mental health would benefit a lot from some ipsets and multiport. Besides it's almost impossible to follow with all the custom chains and no clue where they actually start.

• mkshmksh Member

@someshzade said:

@doughmanes said: App based attack?

How can we trace that?

Logs maybe? Also please learn to quote. My impulse to post silly pictures gets triggered way to hard otherwise.

• WSSWSS Member

Things are obviously getting in-and-out with the varying Apache load. My guess is that someone overran the connection count and got blocked.

Just run "iptables -F" to temporarily remove your firewall rules, and see if things start magically working again. It's not going to get you hacked in 2 seconds to just flush (then reload) the rules.

Thanked by 1someshzade
  • @WSS said: Things are obviously getting in-and-out with the varying Apache load. My guess is that someone overran the connection count and got blocked.

Just run "iptables -F" to temporarily remove your firewall rules, and see if things start magically working again. It's not going to get you hacked in 2 seconds to just flush (then reload) the rules.

Only the manliest of men will do yum -y remove iptables or apt if you’re that kind of person.

You'll thank me later. https://www.colocrap.me/

• @WSS said: Things are obviously getting in-and-out with the varying Apache load. My guess is that someone overran the connection count and got blocked.

Thanks man! It worked <3 I don't have words to say you Thank You!!! Really bro appreciate your response.

• WSSWSS Member

Now, rewrite your firewall rules. :)

Thanked by 1someshzade
  • @WSS said: Now, rewrite your firewall rules. :)

You messed up again you helped someone. This is going to be habit for you soon.

Dont'TalkAboutLETClub There is this thing called hoopla.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said: Now, rewrite your firewall rules. :)

You messed up again you helped someone. This is going to be habit for you soon.

Ssssh... I think I got away with it this time!

Thanked by 1WebProject