Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

IXScotland & IXCardiff
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

IXScotland & IXCardiff

Hi, I'm after a couple of 1GB RAM VPSs in Scotland & Cardiff with networks peered with the above exchanges. I realise this is unlikely to be LEB pricing!
Anyone able to help with either? Thanks Phil

Comments

  • RhysRhys Member

    Clearstream for a VPS connected to IXCardiff.

    Thanked by 1Aidan
  • RhysRhys Member

    @Jack said: Where’s the love for IXManchester?

    filth

  • @Jack said: Where’s the love for IXManchester?

    We have standards here at LET. We do not go dumpster diving.

    Thanked by 2Rhys pike
  • imokimok Member

    Are you @gleert's brother?

    Janitor @ Netflix

    Thanked by 1brueggus
  • Am just wondering why do you even what a vps with IXscotland or IXCardiff peering, both of them exchanges are quite poorly connected, Ixscotland only got 24 networks peered there and IXCardiff got 7 far from a well connected exchange.

    Thanked by 1klikli
  • tarasistarasis Member
    edited February 13

    @Rhys said: Clearstream for a VPS connected to IXCardiff.

    Virtual Private Server: Reduce capital spend, increase flexibility and improve reliability.
    Scaleable, fast virtual servers, starting at only **£69 /month.**
    

    spits out coffee

    Thanked by 2Aidan MasonR
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited February 13

    @PhilNW said: Hi, I'm after a couple of 1GB RAM VPSs in Scotland & Cardiff with networks peered with the above exchanges. I realise this is unlikely to be LEB pricing!
    Anyone able to help with either? Thanks Phil

    I'm also looking for a VM in Scotland, lemme know if you find one. Edinburgh would be nice.

  • @6ixth said:

    @PhilNW said: Hi, I'm after a couple of 1GB RAM VPSs in Scotland & Cardiff with networks peered with the above exchanges. I realise this is unlikely to be LEB pricing!
    Anyone able to help with either? Thanks Phil

    I'm also looking for a VM in Scotland, lemme know if you find one. Edinburgh would be nice.

    I have an old Athlon XP 3000+ in my shed in Scotland, I could hook it up to a Virgin 350 residential fibre line (been done before I believe). Only £59 and a deep fried Mars Bar per month.

    Hit me up you lucky people.

    Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @Razza said: Am just wondering why do you even what a vps with IXscotland or IXCardiff peering, both of them exchanges are quite poorly connected, Ixscotland only got 24 networks peered there and IXCardiff got 7 far from a well connected exchange.

    VPN probably.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • JackJack Member, Provider

    @Clouvider said:

    @Razza said: Am just wondering why do you even what a vps with IXscotland or IXCardiff peering, both of them exchanges are quite poorly connected, Ixscotland only got 24 networks peered there and IXCardiff got 7 far from a well connected exchange.

    VPN probably.

    All depends on what ISP they’re with though for their internet as BT/Virgin aren’t interested in IXC or IXS, I’m shocked their still on IXManchester to be honest.

  • PhilNWPhilNW Member
    edited February 21

    @Razza said: Am just wondering why do you even what a vps with IXscotland or IXCardiff peering, both of them exchanges are quite poorly connected, Ixscotland only got 24 networks peered there and IXCardiff got 7 far from a well connected exchange.

    I'm after them for DNS.

Sign In or Register to comment.