Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Sata/HDD VPS from a big name company?

Sata/HDD VPS from a big name company?

Hi

I am looking for a 250gb+ HDD VPS from a big name company in the EU. Do not require tons of Bandwidth, would prefer to buy some the likes of Vultr, Hetzner etc.

I looked at Herzner Storage Box - but I don't think that could be used as a VPS. And Vultr has been OOS for a very long time.

Comments

• If you do not need much iops, you can mount hetzner storage box to their vps.

Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited April 14

we are not big but we can do a special offer, if you are interested? Based on OVH network, we do a special right now:
    Basic VPS - Special Offer - Limited Stock
    4GB Memory
    200GB HDD
    5TB Bandwidth
    4 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)
    Auto Anti-DDoS Protection
    Xen HVM Virtualization
    Full Root Access
    SolusVM Control Panel
    SSH Access
    Unmanaged Support Service
    99.9% Uptime
    14 Day Money Back
    £5.00 per month

We accept: PayPal, debit/credit cards, bank transfer in EU, USD and GBP currency.

You will get a access to SolusVM, network settings and be able to install any available ISO from list as this way you be able to install your required OS and setup it as you are desired.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Looking for storage VPS and managed service? Check our VPS4Storage website and get 40% OFF for lifetime.
  • dfroedfroe Member

@realbusiness said: I am looking for a 250gb+ HDD VPS from a big name company in the EU.

May you tell us your definition of "big name company"? >x employees, >x customers, >x revenue, company name containing at least x capital letters, ...

@dfroe said:

@realbusiness said: I am looking for a 250gb+ HDD VPS from a big name company in the EU.

May you tell us your definition of "big name company"? >x employees, >x customers, >x revenue, company name containing at least x capital letters, ...

Can be 1and1? I think the OP is looking for corporate. example: company no less than 3k people employed with revenue $25B In this case it can be: Microsoft, Google and Amazon cloud services.

Looking for storage VPS and managed service? Check our VPS4Storage website and get 40% OFF for lifetime.
  • deankdeank Member

I can vouch for 1 and 1. You will have a blast.

The end is nigh. Why? Because the end is actually nigh.

Thanked by 3jh doghouch Aidan
  • realbusinessrealbusiness Member
    edited April 14

When I said big name, it was to imply, companies like Vultr/DO/Hetzner etc or companies with own DC or own gear. Avoiding one man bands or resellers, who always carry a certain degree of "deadpool" risk.

• @WebProject said: we are not big but we can do a special offer, if you are interested? Based on OVH network, we do a special right now:
    4GB Memory
    200GB HDD
    5TB Bandwidth
    4 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)
    Xen HVM Virtualization
    Full Root Access
    SolusVM Control Panel
    SSH Access
    99.9% Uptime
    14 Day Money Back
    £5.00 per month

We accept: PayPal, debit/credit cards, bank transfer in EU, USD and GBP currency.

You will get a access to SolusVM, network settings and be able to install any available ISO from list as this way you be able to install your required OS and setup it as you are desired.

Is this in the UK?

• HarambeHarambe Member

@deank said: I can vouch for 1 and 1. You will have a blast.

Honestly... the uptime on their cloud platform has been great, no issues.

Professional Shoeminer

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 15

@WebProject said:

.... 4 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    .... £5.00 per month

Two questions - 1. Can you do one dedicated CPU core INSTEAD OF four shared cores? 2. Can we install Windows OS?

Thanks

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 15

Liteserver.nl has their own gear. Real friendly service. 10/10

I personally tend to look at 'has a solid business model' rather than just 'BIG'.

@realbusiness said:

@WebProject said: we are not big but we can do a special offer, if you are interested? Based on OVH network, we do a special right now:
    4GB Memory
    200GB HDD
    5TB Bandwidth
    4 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)
    Xen HVM Virtualization
    Full Root Access
    SolusVM Control Panel
    SSH Access
    99.9% Uptime
    14 Day Money Back
    £5.00 per month

Is this in the UK?

France - RBX2/4 based.

• williewillie Member

realbusiness said: When I said big name, it was to imply, companies like Vultr/DO/Hetzner etc or companies with own DC or own gear

Time4vps.eu and hostsolutions.ro both come to mind as small companies with their own DC's. You might be better off with a small dedi though (Kimsufi etc).

edited April 15

@dev_vps said:

@WebProject said:

.... 4 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    .... £5.00 per month

Two questions - 1. Can you do one dedicated CPU core INSTEAD OF four shared cores? 2. Can we install Windows OS?

Thanks

1. No issue with that (option to upgrade).
    2. We don’t support Windows OS for various issues. If we get enough customers for whole node we will be able to setup as we do have a couple of Windows 2012 R2 with update licenses, at this moment can’t even see point.

@Harambe said:

@deank said: I can vouch for 1 and 1. You will have a blast.

Honestly... the uptime on their cloud platform has been great, no issues.

From reviews about other of their service, my personal comment: pure luck ;)

• WHTWHT Member

I wont put a big company in a vps. If I was you will order one server from ovh and one from hetzner. One of them should be for backup.

I recommend: SSD Hosting 34,20 € for 3 Years | Reseller Hosting at $2/month | Master Reseller Hosting at $3,95/month

• jackbjackb Member, Provider

@realbusiness said: When I said big name, it was to imply, companies like Vultr/DO/Hetzner etc or companies with own DC or own gear. Avoiding one man bands or resellers, who always carry a certain degree of "deadpool" risk.

BurstNET had their own DC and gear and weren't a one man brand.

Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @jackb said:

@realbusiness said: When I said big name, it was to imply, companies like Vultr/DO/Hetzner etc or companies with own DC or own gear. Avoiding one man bands or resellers, who always carry a certain degree of "deadpool" risk.

Compared to 1,000's of resellers you will see in the deadpool thread. Of course, companies go out of business, but I think we all know the ratio of probability here.

@jackb said:

The company been sold to hostwinds you need to update your records.