[Auction] 2 and 3 Character Domain names
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[Auction] 2 and 3 Character Domain names

thenetthenet Member

Starting bid For each : $7

Minimum increment : $1

Auction Ends: Tu May15, 2018 ,11:59 PM , timezone be London time. (UTC +1/BST)

Payment method: PayPal

Domains will be push to the auction winner's Name.com account.

Comments

• thenetthenet Member

Please make bid , tnx

• TomTom Member, Host Rep

1 $7

• FoulFoul Member

thenet said: Please make bid , tnx

Not sure why you keep bumping your thread, have patience?

• dedipromodedipromo Member

( 3 ) $7

PM me if you would like to apply for Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited/Sapphire Preferred cards; I will pay you $50 for each successful application via my referral.

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Member

1- 8$ 2- 7$ 3- 8$

1 $9

• daozhidaozhi Member

what is your f**k domain name?!

• thenetthenet Member
    edited May 11
  • kingjjkingjj Member

1 $10

• 1 - $15

2 - $15

• thenetthenet Member
    edited May 12

Current highest bid :

1- $15 by @justwonder

2- $15 by @justwonder

3- $8 by @PandoGulf

4- No bid yet

• jammyjammy Member

1 - $16

• HoostHoost Member, Provider

4 - $7

Michael From Ho-ost | Twitter | Blog

• thenetthenet Member

Current highest bid :

1- $16 by @jammy

2- $15 by @justwonder

3- $8 by @PandoGulf

4- $7 by @Hoost

• riotriot Member

2-$25

1- 20$ 2- 26$

• seraphkzseraphkz Member

1 - $25

• thenetthenet Member

in final day of auction , highest bid :

1- $25 by @seraphkz

2- $26 by @PandoGulf

3- $8 by @PandoGulf

4- $7 by @Hoost

• riotriot Member

2- $30

• 1 - $27

1 - $29

• 1 - $30

1-30$, 2-32$

1 - $33

1-35$

• Joshua2216Joshua2216 Member
    edited May 15

1 - $36

1 $36

edited May 15

:)

@Joshua2216 said: 1 - $36

your original post was 35$

can not edit after 11:59 that is cheating

@Joshua2216 - you can't bid $35 and then edit your bid to $36 after its over lol

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • seraphkzseraphkz Member

1 - $40

• was doing it just as the clock changed, oh well

• thenetthenet Member

auction ended , @PandoGulf won domains 1 , 2 , 3 and @Hoost won domain 4

@thenet said: auction ended , @PandoGulf won domains 1

For how much?

• Tom said: @thenet said: auction ended , @PandoGulf won domains 1

For how much?

$35 USD. His bid came 7 seconds before the auction ended, and the next bid by @Jushua2216 was invalid (minimal increment didn't happen). Your bid came at hour:00:00, but the auction ended at hour:59:59.

Get scammed.

• FAT32FAT32 Member

I always wonder one thing, when someone mention 11:59pm, does it means 11:59:00pm or 11:59:59pm? Uninitialised integer should be set to 0?

@FAT32 said: I always wonder one thing, when someone mention 11:59pm, does it means 11:59:00pm or 11:59:59pm? Uninitialised integer should be set to 0?

Hmm, so last bid should be 11:58:59pm?

^^^ Correction, it should be exactly at 11:59:00 not 11:58:59.... but since it is a universal thing in clocks to show the next minute only after completing all 60 seconds so 11:59:59 is 11:59 in any watch or clock in the world (unlike in math were you round the integer up if the fraction is 0.5 or higher and lower if it is less than 0.5)

Thanked by 1Tom
  • FAT32FAT32 Member

@PandoGulf said: ^^^ Correction, it should be exactly at 11:59:00 not 11:58:59.... but since it is a universal thing in clocks to show the next minute only after completing all 60 seconds so 11:59:59 is 11:59 in any watch or clock in the world (unlike in math were you round the integer up if the fraction is 0.5 or higher and lower if it is less than 0.5)

I don't really agree with your argument, if that's the case 11pm means 11:59:59 since the clocks show the next hour only after completing all 60 minutes.

Thanked by 1Tom

^^^

but it does :)

if your clock shows only hours, it will keep showing 11pm until completing all minutes for the 12AM

It should not be the case but its universally accepted...

its not even the next day before completing all 24 hours, right ? :)

• FAT32FAT32 Member

@PandoGulf said: ^^^

but it does :)

if your clock shows only hours, it will keep showing 11pm until completing all minutes for the 12AM

It should not be the case but its universally accepted...

its not even the next day before completing all 24 hours, right ? :)

I will wait for others to comment, this is mainly to clarify how domain auction should behave. I am not against you in any ways since OP have declared that you won the auction

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • thenetthenet Member
    edited May 16

FAT32 said: I will wait for others to comment, this is mainly to clarify how domain auction should behave. I am not against you in any ways since OP have declared that you won the auction

I should have set seconds in the next auction like as 11:59:59

Thanked by 2Tom PandoGulf
  • This is what happens when you start making new rules and nobody cares verifies them.

Get scammed.

@FAT32 said: I will wait for others to comment, this is mainly to clarify how domain auction should behave. I am not against you in any ways since OP have declared that you won the auction

I 100% know that you are not against me.. and I do enjoy arguing with you. Although I was declared winner & I have already paid the OP and received the domains. I don't mind getting a refund and give the domain back in order to make this auction fair to others..

The way I understood it is, if someone says ends before 11:59 that means ( 11:58:59 ) , ends exactly at 11:59 ( 11:59:00) but 11:59 ( is any time from 11:59:00 to 11:59:59) {I believe this is our case}.

key words like exactly or before gives you an indication of what the OP meant.

OP need to clarify if auction should have ended 11:59:00 or 11:59:59. I will accept his decision, whatever it will be ..

and I agree with OP for future auctions seconds should be set clearly..

Thanks

• uhuuhu Member

I'm confused. What is unclear about an auction ending at 11:59? When that final digit turns to a 9, the auction ends. At 11:59:59, the auction has finished by 59 seconds.

Trying to argue anything else will lead to further confusion (trolling?) about whether 11:59:59 is clear enough or whether you have to specify milliseconds!

• somewhatwindysomewhatwindy Member
    edited May 16

uhu said: Trying to argue anything else will lead to further confusion (trolling?) about whether 11:59:59 is clear enough or whether you have to specify milliseconds!

LET timer shows HH:MM:SS. Also, do you really think the original idea was to end the auction at 11:58:59 instead of 11:59:59?

Get scammed.

• LV426LV426 Member

The point of saying 11.59 is to tell people any bid at 12 or later is too late.

The time on posts/edit here is in hours and minutes, because that is what human beings use to tell the time. Nobody uses seconds when checking or telling the time.

11:59:59 is 11:59, not 12 and not 11. It's not really complicated.

• FAT32FAT32 Member

I didnt want to make it complicated, just making it unambiguous. Furthermore I am just thinking it as computing, where you have to specify all values explicitly or 11:59pm is indeed 11:59:00pm only. (Maybe it is my own problem for being too strict after dealing with a bug similar to this)

Thanked by 1LV426